It’s the eve of a New Year. Can you believe it? 2012 has been a good year for me even if I am always beating myself up. I need to be happier with who and where I am in 2013. What about you?
I can’t imagine going to three more radically different places than I traveled to this year (Argentina, India & Iceland), and the good eating wasn’t just international either. I had some great food right here in New York City. As is my usual end of the year tradition, I want to highlight my Top Ten Food pics for 2012. Here are some of my favorite eats/feeble attempts at decent food photography for 2012 (links to past posts included, in case you missed them):
1. These are the best pancakes EVER!! I’m going back to the Pancake Month at Clinton Street Baking Company in February.
Banana Pancakes with Bavarian Cream, Toasted Coconut & Warm Maple Butter
2. I ate a lot of great food courtesy of some wonderful special invites from my friend M. I now have a newfound respect for Austrian food thanks to the chefs from Edi & the Wolf and Seasonal.
Smoked Wild Salmon with Mustard Creme Fraiche, Leek Water & Crispy Brown Bread
3. By far, the best meatball parmigian sandwich, I have EVER tasted in my life. I went back with Husband J, and he says it’s in his top two as well. I’ve also tried the chicken parm, and it’s equally good. I’m going back to try the eggplant, too.
Meatball Parm Sandwich at Parm
4. Discovering Argentinian pizza was a pleasant surprise.
Tomato, Olive, Ham Pizza at Guerrin in Buenos Aires, Argentina
5. I miss India’s spicy breakfasts. Nothing like a little cumin in the morning.
Breakfast Tiffin at Saravana Bhavan, New Delhi, India
6. I know it’s just a hot dog, but it’s a darn good one. The Icelandic people are very lucky.
The Everything Hot Dog from Baejarins Beztu Pylsur in Reykjavik, Iceland
7. Celebrating a family milestone with an excellent meal!
Pan-Seared Foie Gras with Pinot Noir Cake, Foie Gras Ice Cream and Green Grapes at Castle Hill Inn, Newport, RI
8. High tea: I need to do that more often.
Raspberry Tart at High Tea from the Alvear Palace Hotel, Buenos Aires
9. Anything sweet with glitter deserves a mention.
Kaju Katli in Jaipur, India
10. I still haven’t written about the steaks in Argentina.
Ribeye from Don Julio, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Any favorites from these set of pictures? What are you hoping to eat or cook more of in 2013?
Travel photos are coming later!